Hi, I have problems with JQL querys

Hugo Villamizar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2019

I'm trying to run the following query:   

• project = MCM AND worklogComment ~ "TESTE"

I want to filter the issues from the project MCM that contain logged time as "TESTE" in the plugin "Tempo". Please look at the following issue. It contains logged time with the description "TESTE" and it is part of the project MCM. Unfortunately, my JQL query does not return anything. 

tempo.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

Hi @Hugo Villamizar

Tempo on Cloud resides in its own system and uses its own database. 
When a user logs work with Tempo, the Tempo Timesheets plugin updates Jira’s time spent field on the issue, as many Reports, functionalities and more are relying on this field. 
The information that is synced to JIRA does not include the worklog owner or the worklog description. 
By informing Jira of which user created a Worklog and the description, we may be breaking the View All Worklog / View Team Worklogs permission as once this information is within Jira it might be visible to users without these permissions.
As JIRA has no information about the worklog description, using jql to filter by it is not possible.

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Hugo Villamizar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2019

@Susanne Götz _Tempo_ thank you so much for your quickly reply. 

Is there another way to get this information? 

Abs,

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

Hi @Hugo Villamizar

There is currently no simple workaround for this as filtering by worklog description is not possible within Tempo.

It can be done by Filtering the Tempo Report by the MCM and selecting the required timeframe. Then export the report to excel and use the excel filtering option to filter by the "Teste" description.

Regards,
Susanne

Suggest an answer