Help to disable re-index button

Matias Massone July 11, 2016

How to permanently disable re-index button?
We need another way to disable it than hide the button by adding the style on Announcent Banner. The renidex will be executed under a script when needed by an admin.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2016

Natively, none. I can think of 3 legal ways:

• Hack the JIRA code to remove it
  • Create a feature request against the JIRA public issue tracker (jira.atlassian.com)
  • JavaScript (what you already did)

Other than these, educate your admins on what's that button is supposed to do.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2016

I'd chime in with Gabrielle's last point, but in a slightly different way.

No-one who does not understand what the re-index does should have any admin rights.  You really need to remove all the people who should be admins.  (Depending on the size of your system, it should be between 2 and 10 people.  Mostly 3 or 4)

Deleted user July 11, 2016

I don't understand why you would want to do this.... ?

Matias Massone July 11, 2016

We'll do the reindex through script and we don't need this button there

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2016

>We'll do the reindex through script

That's indicative of a massive problem that you REALLY need to fix.

You should only re-index when an admin has a good reason to do so.  Scripted re-indexing is "plastering over the cracks while your building falls down".  Don't do it.

Suggest an answer