Help needed to combine query for kanban board with a quick filter

paul May 11, 2024

Hello,

I have query for a kanban board:

project in (ABC) AND (team ~ Ducks) AND type in (Epic, Sub-task) AND (resolution is EMPTY OR resolution not in ("Won't Do", Obsolete)) ORDER BY Rank ASC

I also have several quick filters that filter out epics that are in progress, but there are no issues, epic that is in progress but has stories that are closed, or an epic that is not linked to an epic portfolio.

How would I combine the query above with this query below for a quick filter?

type = Epic AND (issueFunction not in hasLinks("Structure Parent") or issueFunction not in linkedIssuesOf("type = 'Portfolio EPIC'")) AND status not in (closed, done)

My goal is to produce a query for filter gadget on a dashboard.

Thanks

Paul

1 answer

1 vote
Mohamed Riza _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2024

Hi @paul 

If your goal is to combine the two filters, I believe the following should work:

project in (ABC) AND (team ~ Ducks) AND type = Epic AND (resolution is EMPTY OR resolution not in ("Won't Do", Obsolete)) AND (issueFunction not in hasLinks("Structure Parent") or issueFunction not in linkedIssuesOf("type = 'Portfolio EPIC'")) AND status not in (closed, done) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Try this on the Jira issue navigator to verify if this returns your expected results. 

paul May 13, 2024

Hi Mohamed, the combination did not return any records.

The query for the kanban board returns about 60 records. Note the project and team names are changed for privacy reasons.

project in (ABC) AND (team ~ Ducks) AND type in (Epic, Sub-task) AND (resolution is EMPTY OR resolution not in ("Won't Do", Obsolete)) ORDER BY Rank ASC

When I run the quick filter on the board, there are 2 records return:

type = Epic AND (issueFunction not in hasLinks("Structure Parent") or issueFunction not in linkedIssuesOf("type = 'Portfolio EPIC'")) AND status not in (closed, done)

Do you have other ideas on how to make the combination query return the 2 records?

Suggest an answer