Grouping issue types

Jawad_Ahmed October 9, 2019

Hi,

I have issue types created as Task, Sub Task, Epic and Story. I need to group these issue types as one and display that in the dashboard.

Can anyone suggest me how to do this using JIRA.

My version is 7.6.14

2 answers

1 vote
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

Hi @Jawad_Ahmed ,

I also thought this would be a useful feature that doesn't come out-of-the-box with Jira, so we recently added it to our app Custom Charts for Jira.

This is a simple to use pie charting app that allows you to customise the colors, change the order, and group options together.

You can test the app out right now on our free interactive playground: https://www.oldstreetsolutions.com/custom-charts-for-jira

Custom_Charts_for_Jira.png

In the next release, we'll be adding a feature so you can also rename grouped segments e.g. (Open, Request for Info, Reopened, Monitoring, Blocked) to "Open".

We have plans for a number of other chart types, including bar charts and funnel charts.

I hope this provides a solution to your problem. If you have any suggestions of how we could improve the app I'd love to hear them :)

Thanks,

Tom
Custom Charts Product Manager

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

You'll need to describe what you want to "display" in full.  "A group of issue types" does not really tell us anything we can work with.

Jawad_Ahmed October 10, 2019

In the Project Settings I have Issues Types list as Bug, Defect, Task, Sub-Task, Epic, Story, Test etc.

When I run the query to display the issue types in a project, it displays all the issue types in the result. I created a Pie chart, selected the query with all issues and selected the Statistics type as Issue Type, the Pie chart showed the list of Issue types.

Now my requirement is, I want to club Epic, Story, Task and Sub-Task as one Issue Type and view that in the pie chart.

Please let me know how to do this as I am new to JIRA

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

You can't do that in plain Jira - selecting an issue type in the pie chart explicitly tells Jira you want to report on issue types separately.

You can do what you need if you use automation, scripting, or more powerful reporting that Jira's off-the-shelf (exactly as @Tom Harris - Old Street has suggested)

Like Tom Harris - Old Street likes this

Suggest an answer