Groovy Post Script to Assign a User based on a Customfield.

I'm trying to write a simple groovy script, to a assign user based on a custom field option. So far this is my code, but with the logical expression it does not process.

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.IssueChangeHolder

ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = componentManager.getCustomFieldManager()
IssueManager issueManager = componentManager.getIssueManager()

CustomField srcField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == "CustomField"}

cfwt = issue.getCustomFieldValue(sccField)

if (cfwt == "CustomFieldValue001"){
			issue.setAssignee(ComponentManager.instance.userUtil.getUserObject('vend001'))
			}

else if (cfwt == "CustomFieldValue002"){
			issue.setAssignee(ComponentManager.instance.userUtil.getUserObject('vend002'))
			}
else if (cfwt == "CustomFieldValue003"){
			issue.setAssignee(ComponentManager.instance.userUtil.getUserObject('vend003'))
			}

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I assume your example for "CustomField" and "CustomFieldValueBlah" is the "<customfield_id>" and <"customfieldid>-x"?

I figured it out. The above works

Hi,

I want to do something very simular to the above - how did you get this to work?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Hi, I am doing something similar to this for a cascading field, can please help me out with the workaround. Thanks, Vijay

Hi,

I am new to JIRA can you please tell me where to write the above scripts? I need to get the assignee based on the custom value

This is the plugin for it:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

But don't expect really quick results. The documentation of the API and the tool is not the part that recieved the most attention. But when you get to know the Script Runner, you'll love it.

I have been trying to make this work as a post function of the create transition but doesn't seem to do anything, I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong as I am extremely new to groovy code. import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.IssueChangeHolder ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance() CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = componentManager.getCustomFieldManager() IssueManager issueManager = componentManager.getIssueManager() CustomField srcField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == "Responsible Team"} cfwt = issue.getCustomFieldValue(srcField) if (cfwt == "Analytics"){ issue.setAssignee(ComponentManager.instance.userUtil.getUserObject('john_smith')) }

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

150 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you