Grooming backlog vs Sprint backlog

Robert_Jonas February 17, 2020

We are implementing scrum to manage a set of operational continuous improvements.  I am currently using a Next Gen Scrum project template.

"Change ideas" are logged and they go through steps of "New", "Review & Prioritise" and then "Analyse".  The result of "Analyse" is a set of multiple "Tasks".  The original "Change Idea" may require many "Tasks", over many sprints. 

Each "Task" will have steps of "To-do", "In progress", "Blocked" and "Done".  These are already easily assigned to sprints and visible on the default Sprint Board.

How can I create a "Change Idea Backlog" Kanban Board (or a view or a report or whatever) that allows me to just see "New", "Review & Prioritise" and "Analyse" lanes, but without the statuses also showing on the Sprint Board?

I've searched the community already, and others users seem to have the same requirement, but I'm struggling to find a direct resolution for this.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna Pahlevanyan February 17, 2020

@Robert_Jonas 

You can't have 2 boards in next gen (and to be honest, the classic is much more powerful)

I think you might find the answer in my post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-set-up-Grooming-and-Sprint-flow/qaq-p/1191817#U1303556

Robert_Jonas February 18, 2020

Thank you for your response - we've now created a project using classic and have been able to create two boards (one kanban and one scrum) - so we'll see how we go

Like Anna Pahlevanyan likes this

Suggest an answer