Greenhopper data from 5.2 is not importing to 5.1.8

Hi,

My team is using the OnDemand instance which is running JIRA 5.2. I took an export and imported it into our on prem instance of 5.1.8.

Everything looked to have imported in until I saw our scrum boards. It appears that did not import over. Any ideas why? Is this a known issue? Is there anyway to fix that?

Cheers,

Graham

1 answer

0 vote

Er, there's one glaring issue - the data generally is not backwards compatible. You shouldn't be importing from 5.2 to 5.1 - Jira should have warned you of this and refused to do it.

Well, for the longest time while 5.2 RC was the OnDemand platform I was able to import data correctly. But all of the sudden it won't work.

In that case, on a different note, after the install of 5.2, can I use my server.xml file from the last installation. In other words, can I replace the new server.xml file in 5.2 with my server.xml file from 5.1.8? I don't want to have to do all of the custom configuration for my security all over again.

Yup, the data is pretty close at a glance, but moving backwards is simply not supported. I'm afraid the answer is to move to 5.2 and retry it all.

I'm pretty sure you can. The server.xml file is more of a Tomcat config file, and I don't think the versions have changed radically enough to make it incompatible. I'd check though.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,336 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot