Get the assignee date and put it into a script field

wajih zouaoui December 4, 2019

Hi,

i want to know if we can get the assignee date of a jira issue and put it into a script field or something similar with Date type.

Our Business need to know when a jira issue has been assigned to someone while making a jql filter.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Wajih

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Hi @wajih zouaoui 

You can create a Date Time picker custom field and put below code to capture the time of assignment into that.

This needs to be added as Script Runner custom listener for the event 'Issue Assigned'

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import java.sql.Timestamp
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder

def issue = event.issue as Issue
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def datecf1 = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject('customfield_xxxxx') //custom field ID

def val = new Timestamp((new Date()).time)

def changeHolder = new DefaultIssueChangeHolder()
datecf1.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(datecf1), val),changeHolder)

Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Hi @wajih zouaoui 

You can modify the code if you just want to capture the date only.

HI @Gikku ,

many many thanks for your help it works as a charm.

Do you please have a documentation or seomthing that it can help improving our skills in groovy script runner for jira ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Wajih

Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2019

Hi @wajih zouaoui 

I don't have any documentation link available but usually for such requirements I browse through the Script runner examples within Community or Adaptivist documentations and also refer the Jira API documents for the version.

You can also follow the Youtube videos here

Regards
Gikku

Hi @Gikku ,

thanks again and i'll follow your advices for sure :) .

Best Regards,

Wajih

Like Gikku likes this
0 votes
Jason Jonas January 11, 2021

Very helpful, thanks very much!

Suggest an answer