Get Issues with non blank customfields ?

Namrata Joshi August 11, 2015

I have a custom field on Issue, Its blank(not null) for few Issues and contains some value for few.

tried mostly all jql option similar to cf[100010] IS NOT EMPTY or cf[100010] !~""

Please suggest appropriate jql

Querying : cf[10..00] !~ ''  returns 

{
"errorMessages": [
"The field 'cf[10..00]' does not support searching for an empty string."
],
"errors": {}
}

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2015

What type of field is it?  Most fields will not actually take a blank string as valid content, internally, they'll go "oh, nothing, ok, I'll store it as empty"

Namrata Joshi August 12, 2015

I have installed metadata add-on for project level custom field; and set Key=project.ID and Value = xyz and created a new Custom field of type "JIRA Metadata - View project metadata field" and set default value as project.ID. It's properly showing that field in my issue.

For only 1 Project metadata(key/value) is set and for other projects its not set. from JIRA API, for other Issues other than this project its displaying customefield as ""

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2015

I'm not sure how the metadata stuff stores its data, or how the searcher for it works.

Suggest an answer