Functions in JIRA automation Rule to update custom fields

Aravind Kakarla
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 10, 2019

Hi There,

I have created certain custom fields and trying to update this field as part of workflow rules. The nextgen project has only 2 options - update field and assign issue to someone.

I am more interested in assign issue option. But, instead of static values, I want to make use of the functions like currentuser(); parent(), now() etc., based on certain rules. Is this possible? Moreover, I don't find option in nextgen project to backtrack the story to its parent. Hence, need all these workarounds. Please let me know.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Aravind Kakarla 

Team managed projects (former next-gen) are quite limited in functionalities from Company managed projects (former classic). However, and at the time I write this, TMP has come a long way since 2019 and it's worth checking their new rules (conditions/validations/post functions).

assign.png

Suggest an answer