From uploading plugin I got An error occurred during installation.

Fábio Cabrita December 4, 2019

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install a obr plugin manually, but I am getting the following error message:

An error occurred during installation. Refer to the logs for more information.

Now where is those "logs"? From Manage Apps, I have Audit logs, but it doenst show what have happened, there I only got:

Failed to install app plugin_1560860072454857679_google-calendar-plugin-4.2.1.obr  

Do you know why I cannot install it?

NOTE: If you need more info feel free to ask.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Hello Fábio,

I'm sorry to hear you are facing problems to install a plugin.

I believe the logs that the error message is referring to is the Atlassian-jira.log allocated in the log subdirectory of your Jira application home directory (or elsewhere if you have configured a different location), as described in the documentation below:

Logging and profiling 

The mentioned log file basically registers everything that happens in your Jira instance and is usually the first information required by the Atlassian support team to start the troubleshooting of any errors.

That being said, can you provide us with any errors appearing in the logs together with any errors appearing in the Developer console of your browser when reproducing the error? Please, make sure to hide any sensitive information from the logs before pasting it in this community thread.

Additionally, check on the marketplace page where you download the app if the app version (4.2.1) is current support for your JIRA Application version.

We will be waiting for the logs to further troubleshoot to help you finger out what is the possible root cause of the error. 

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Hey @Fábio Cabrita ,

The logs in this case refer to the application logs that Jira writes in its home directory on your server. You'll need to retrieve these from the local filesystem on the server you've got Jira installed on.

To find where the application logs are stored, you can look at the 'File Paths' section of the system information page in Jira. By default, we use 

• C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\logs (on Windows) or
  • /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/logs (on Linux)

Once you've found the log file, a good way to ensure the correct info is captured is by trying to install the plugin again and then copying the last portion of the logs. This will make sure that any error is down at the bottom of the log file where you'll see it rather than back many lines in the log from the previous day.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer