Free trial duration 7 days not 30?

Asked before I know (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11992896), but not answered... JIRA trials offer 30 days (I'm opting for hosted but seems to say same in either case) - then on signup I get 7 days only.  I'm trying to evaluate the PPM capabilities which means I'm looking at Confluence, JIRA Core, Software & Portfolio... that's a lot to evaluate in 7 days (or given we have a holiday weekend ahead and signed up today, I have 3 days only when I get back to work!).  30 days would be more reasonable.  At minimum, why "offer" 30 days only to renege on that offer when I accept it?!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

You're mixing up Cloud and Server versions.

Cloud is a 7 day trial, as the services side of it is already done for you.  With Server, you get 30 days, but you have  set it all up for yourself.

OK understand that, but I'm not really mixing up the 2 options, it's the web site information that is wrong:

JIRA Trail Period.jpg

If this could be corrected, there wouldn't be any ongoing confusion... 

Yup, that's wrong.  Needs raising with https://support.atlassian.com

I am having exactly the same problem as Nic Brough.

What can I do?

Nick Wade Atlassian Team Apr 04, 2017

The screenshot you showed should be correct for Cloud add-ons. 

JIRA trial: 7 days
Add-on trials: 30 days*

*In fact this is minimum, the trial runs 30 days + whatever period required to get to the next billing cycle. 

If you're only receiving 7 days trial for add-ons please do let us know by popping a support ticket through? 

Hope this helps, -nick wade
Head of Business, Ecosystem

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you