Force comment on transition of workflow

André Morgado
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2023

I want to force a comment, everytime, someone changes the state of a issue. 

example: In progress -> Blocked
Then I want the user to add a comment, so he explains why the transition happend.

According to my research, it should be done in the workflow by clicking on the transition arrow. However, I cannot add any Validators there, as several people recommended. I can just add rules or do something with the properties (I need Key for that, looks kind of like a programming language).

Could this be an admin problem? I think I don't have all rights (yet). Do I need Validators or can i somehow do it with rules?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hi @André Morgado and welcome to the community,

Most likely you are working on a team managed project (look on the bottom left of your screen), in which you can't have validators like classic company managed projects. So if you see an image like below:

rule tmp.png

Unfortunately you can't add such a validator.

You have to create a company managed project, set it up, add your validator and then move all your issues from your TMP project to your new CMP project.

André Morgado
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2023

Indeed. I am working on a team based Project.
aaah, that is a Pity... Thank you very much for your super fast answer!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events