It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

For an individual issue, populate a NEW field's value based on the value in an existing field

I have created a new field (ex: CITY) and I need to populate the field based on a list I currently have in excel.  

LOCATION  CITY

P2               Dallas

P3               Houston

etc.

Can I create a script that will prevent me from editing every issue and allow me to do a bulk edit of a list of 150 issues? Each with different values in each field.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Lisa_Hooper

Bulk edit may be possible depending on how much different the values can be for each issue? Is it based on another field in the issue? If so, you can filter for that using JQL and use the 'Bulk Edit' option in the page.

Thank you for such a quick response.  Using Bulk Edit I would still have to search for every issue with Location = one value, and populate the field City = with another value.  No two sets of values are alike.  What I'd like to do is create a script to change multiple issues at one time. 

Like Lenin Raj Rajasekaran likes this

Thank you.  I may have found an easier way with the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bml_jtln70Y

I'll give it a try then check out the scripts.  Thank you.

Like Lenin Raj Rajasekaran likes this

Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

The CSV Import worked perfectly!  Super easy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you