For an individual issue, populate a NEW field's value based on the value in an existing field

Lisa Hooper January 11, 2020

I have created a new field (ex: CITY) and I need to populate the field based on a list I currently have in excel.  

LOCATION  CITY

P2               Dallas

P3               Houston

etc.

Can I create a script that will prevent me from editing every issue and allow me to do a bulk edit of a list of 150 issues? Each with different values in each field.

1 answer

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2020

Hi @Lisa Hooper

Bulk edit may be possible depending on how much different the values can be for each issue? Is it based on another field in the issue? If so, you can filter for that using JQL and use the 'Bulk Edit' option in the page.

Thank you for such a quick response.  Using Bulk Edit I would still have to search for every issue with Location = one value, and populate the field City = with another value.  No two sets of values are alike.  What I'd like to do is create a script to change multiple issues at one time. 

Like Lenin Raj likes this
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2020

Thank you.  I may have found an easier way with the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bml_jtln70Y

I'll give it a try then check out the scripts.  Thank you.

Like Lenin Raj likes this
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2020

Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Lisa Hooper January 30, 2020

The CSV Import worked perfectly!  Super easy.

Suggest an answer