Fixed width of column in the issue navigator

Shahar Minkov April 4, 2024

Hi,

Is there any plan to allow users to adjust the width of the columns when presenting filter results? If I'm not mistaken it used to be flexible in the past, but in the cloud version we're using today, the width of the columns seems to be fixed.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2024

Hi @Shahar Minkov 

Yes, I noticed that as well.  It also now truncates column display when the field data does not fit.

It seems the behavior changed when the new issue search was rolled out.  And reverting back to the old search no longer has it, so the feature appears to have been removed in the last week or two.

I recommend posting feedback to Atlassian, in one / both of these ways:

Kind regards,
Bill

Shahar Minkov April 7, 2024

Thank you Bill, feedback is posted as you have suggested

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2024

Hi @Shahar Minkov,

I don't know if this problem, in itself, justifies additional tooling for you, but just to put it out there: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Plus, you can resize any table column to perfectly fit your data, like so:

labels-resizing.gif

As every JXL sheet is powered either by a saved filter or a JQL statement, you can easily include any issues that you're interested in.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Shahar Minkov April 7, 2024

JXL might be relevant for other needs our team has I will have a look. Thanks Hannes for raising this option.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events