Fix version field in Service desk is empty

Admin June 12, 2018

Hello,

I have a Jira Software and Jira service desk in one account.

For the project Jira Software I have fields "Epic" and "Fix versions". I have added these fields to Service desk ticket visibility (through screens). 

The problem is that field "Epic" is displayed correctly, but Fix Versions is empty.

Can you please advise what the reason might be?

Thanks! 

4 answers

2 votes
Jan-Niklas Staffa October 29, 2019

Please help asking Atlassian to further integrate Jira Service Desk and Jira by voting on this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6140. It should be possible to reuse FixVersions and Components of a Jira Project in Service Desk.

Jan-Niklas Staffa October 30, 2019

Thanks for the vote on the Answer - a vote on the linked issue would be more helpful😉

0 votes
Matt Dawson October 24, 2019

I can't see an option to add versions to a Service Desk either. Is it possible to add? 

I see a bolded non-editable value in the Service Desk edit issue view.

Damon Gaylor March 30, 2020

Could be a permissions thing for you.  This is what I see in Cloud

2020-03-30_18-52-34.png

Diogo_Barbosa July 27, 2020

I think it can be done by using the project automation rule

0 votes
Admin June 13, 2018

Hi Alexey

Thank you for the answer, but the problem is that I cannot see Versions in helpdesk project.

My flow is following:

1. We have a Jira project - which is "Jira software" with a Scrum board configured in it. 

2. We have a Service Desk project, where our customers create tickets.

3. I configured a  "Jira software" board in the way, that I can see tickets created in "Service Desk" in it. I can add them to sprint and move through "Jira software" workflow. 

I can also assign Service Desk tickets to epics and components, created in "Jira software" project. 

The only issue is - that I cannot see Versions from "Jira software" in Service Desk tickets.

I can share some screenshots if needed. Thank you in advance for help! 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2018

Hello,

Fix Versions is empty if you did not add any versions to your project. Are you sure that you added versions to your Service Desk project? You can find more info about versions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-versions-938847201.html

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2018

Components can be assigned only to issues in the same project. That is why I am not sure how you can assign a component from your Jira Software project to an issue in your Service Desk project.

Suggest an answer