Fix Version behavior inconsistent for parent and child versions in version hierarchy

Joel Heinke February 15, 2012

We're seeing inconsistent behavior where sometimes you specify a child version value for Fix Version and the parent version gets automatically added and other times parent version doesn't get added. How can I force the behavior to be consistent and hopefully always add the parent version?

We have single level version hierarchy. For example, major version is parent and there's several child versions, one for each development iteration. We do a releasable build at end of each iteration so every issue inclued for an iteration will have a child version specified. We'd like for every closed issue to have both it's child and parent version populated in Fix Version field.

We have "Version Synchronizer" enabled but I'm not sure what it does.

2 answers

0 votes
Joel Heinke February 15, 2012

I get the message, "All Versions are synchronised." when I do Synchronise from GH Tools menu. But there's still issues that don't show both major version and milestone in Fix Version field.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2012

Does the Synchronize from GH shows any issues which are not having parent versions?

Suggest an answer