Find issues with specific SLA field beeing empty

Hello,

Is there a way to create a JQL matching issues where a certain SLA field is empty ?

The only operators I found where numeric ones (=, <, >, ...) but I couldn't find any "is empty" operator for example.

It's JSD 1.2.6.1 / JIRA 6.3.15 , but I wonder if this is possible with latest versions.

Thanks in advance for your help,

2 answers

Hi, 

Just tried in 3.2.7 and 3.3.0 and it's not possible in later releases either. Same operator options available.

Regards,

Vladimir

This operation was intentionally not added as from our knowledge of it, the SLA should be based on what was configured by the project Admin, hence all issues that fit the JQL which uses the SLA would be affected.

Instead of looking for the SLA in such a case, search for the JQL for the SLA as all issues that fit it should be empty as well.

If there is a special use case where the SLA value is somehow cleared, we would recommend fixing the SLA itself.

There is a suggestion raised here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-4650 for this feature and probably more light would be shared on this by the developers on the ticket for anyone interested.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the link, I was going to do it just now after creating the suggestion smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,329 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot