Find an issue in the JiRA Mobile app by scanning its QR code or OCR its ID from physical wall

Alexey October 13, 2019

Hi Team,

wondering if there is a solution already - i often need to open details for a specific story on the physical wall in my mobile Jira app.  I normally tap issues at the bottom, type issue ID, click on the listed issue and see the details.  I would love to be able to scan a QR or bar code, or even OCR issue number from the wall, so that mobile jira jumps straight to the details of the issue. Is something similar available?

5 answers

2 votes
Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2019

Hey Alexey,

I am the Team Lead of Jira Mobile and I can answer this question for you ;)

What you are asking should work out of the box. If your QR code has a jira issue url the issue should open. Just go for example to: https://www.qr-code-generator.com/

Then add the url of the issue that you want to open and print that QR code.

When you use your phone it should go and open the issue immediately.

I just tested this and it works ;)

Cheers!

1 vote
Alexey October 13, 2019

Magic! it indeed works, thanks heaps Carlos!!

0 votes
Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

weird something might not be working

0 votes
Alexey October 14, 2019

Would love to do so, but the only option i can see against your answer is "Report inappropriate content". Do you know where exactly the accepted answer option should be? I can't see the Accept Answer option described in here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/How-and-why-to-accept-a-solution-to-your-question/ba-p/656156

0 votes
Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2019

Can you accept this as an answer (there should be a button in the page to do that)

Suggest an answer