Filtering on "SLA indicator" fields seems unreliable

Roland Niese January 21, 2016

Hello,

Users at my company want to filter issues by SLA status via JQL. They used these queries: 

"SLA indicator" ~ MET

"SLA indicator" ~ EXC. (I shortened EXCEEDED to EXC in order to safe space in the column).

These filters seem to be highly unreliable. For example, the filter ("SLA indicator" ~ MET or "SLA indicator" ~ EXC) yields far not all issues of the project, while ("SLA indicator" !~ MET and "SLA indicator" !~ EXC) always returns exactly 0 issues of the same project.

Of the issues which clearly show MET, some are returned by "SLA indicator ~ MET", some are not. And they are almost identical regarding SLAs, I cannot see any difference between them.

Can you point us to reliable ways to filter issues which

1) have met all SLAs and also have no overdue SLAs (if in an SLA then it's on time)

2) have breached any SLA or are in an SLA which is overdue

We have also trouble with other filters: the JQL function slaOverdueIssues() for example also returns issues which have not breached any SLAs but are currently in a state which is defined as "paused".

We are using version 4.6.8. Have there been any significant bugfixes until 4.13.3 (current version) regarding filtering?

Kind Regards,

Roland

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

Hi Roland,

When you search issues using custom fields in issue navigator, it returns results in JIRA's Lucene index. SLA Indicator and almost all fields indexes their values upon issue changes. So, SLA Indicator may indicate "MET", but after a couple hours, it should indicate as "EXC" (assuming SLA value exceeded) but it won't index the new result unless issue has changes.

We recommend JQL functions, and we have a fix in 4.8.0 version about your problem.

Enhancer Plugin focus only basic SLA functions, if you need more SLA features, we strongly recommend our Time to SLA Plugin for JIRA

Regards

Tuncay Senturk

Roland Niese January 22, 2016

So version 4.8.0 would fix the filter inconsistencies? I will try next week and see if it helps. Things get urgent now, I have no time to test yet another plugin. As long as it is possible to filter for issues with exceeded/overdue and issues with only met SLAs, I will be fine. My customers need this for reporting.

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2016

No, it won't fix all. Fix for SLA Target date calculation on 'Paused Statuses' takes place in 4.8.0 (https://bitbucket.org/tuncaysenturk/jira-enhancer-plugin/issues/161)

Suggest an answer