Filter for issues without story points

Sara HOUDANI December 2, 2019

Hello all , 

I need to get the list of all my issues with empty story points . 

I've tried this JQL : "Story points" is EMPTY but it didn't work .. I get issues with EMPTY and NON-EMPTY story points

5 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Sara HOUDANI

Could you provide a screenshot which includes the JQL you're entering in full and the visible Story Points field as a column (so we can see the data in action)?

Ste

Hi , Yes sure

I've attached a screenshot , and please excuse me for crossing out some confidential data .Capture.PNG

Leonard Chew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019
  1. Reindex your system
  2. Check if you have a second custom field called "Story points"
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

@Leonard Chew has the options I would suggest - the query itself looks fine.

Let us know if either works :)

Ste

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

Do you have more than one field called Story Points?  It may be looking for the wrong one.  You can search by Custom Field ID using the format "cf[id] = "

0 votes

Hello  @Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]  , @Ollie Guan 

I forgot to mention that I've tried also ( = EMPTY , is null  and < 0 ) .. it didn't work for me :( 

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

Hi @Sara HOUDANI ,

Try this one:

"Story Points" is null

0 votes
Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2019

Hi @Sara HOUDANI 

Try to replace "is" with "="

You should have "Story Points" = EMPTY 

Regards 

Dave

Suggest an answer