Filter Subscriptions

Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

Does a filter have to be shared to the recipients subscribed to it? It is a bit intermittent in my case. There is a filter which is not share but is receive by a all groups while there is a filter (using other filters) that does not send notifications outside to the group. What should I check?

I though that you can subscribe people on a filter without sharing it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2014

Jira will not leak information like that (without plugins designed to allow the leaks) - if you can't see something, it won't send you email about it.

I suspect the users who are not getting the email can't see any of the issues the filter returns.

Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

There is a filter (check when an issue status is change into open) that is not share but is received properly by people in the subscription. The once that are not received are abit complicated (filter using other filters). But the setup is the same. Kindda odd.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2014

Look at whether the users can see the issues returned by the filters, not the filters. Although I suspect that if you want to use filter-using-other-filters, you need to ensure the called filters are shared with the users of the main filter.

Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2014

I'm currently testing it and right now it is able to send out filter results without sharing the filter with them. I used send even when no results found.

Yes. They have access to the issues.

Last time I did the same, but when the filter returned results I was the only one to receive them. I belong to the subscribed group.

Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2014

I ended up sharing the filter. The error is a bit intermittent. Anyway, when its shared I feel more assured that the notifications will be sent.

Suggest an answer