File attachments in ticket response - download without login

Priyendu Bhardwaj September 12, 2019

Right now when we send updates on ticket with an attachment our customer has to login to download the file. Is there a way to avoid download of the file without logging in to the portal?

I have seen one implementation where file comes as a link and when the link is clicked file gets downloaded automatically. Possibly a server implementation, we are using service desk cloud.

-Thanks,

Priyendu

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

@Priyendu Bhardwajthis is know issue with service desk, and issue similar to this is already logged with Atlassian - JSDCLOUD-3371

As a workaround you have use this plugin that add attachment to email itself, so customer don't have to come to your site to view it. - Enterprise Mail Handler for Jira (I am not associated with this plugin).

Priyendu Bhardwaj September 13, 2019

Thanks for the update. The feature request is long pending, have to look at the alternate solution you suggested. I looked at that plugin couple of months back, I thought it will be too much to handle. Gave it a try, looks straightforward so far, email with attachment works, now only if I can figure out the templates, life will be good. Thanks for the suggestion.

There is a lot to learn about this plugin but I see a huge advantage of using this, most importantly because this gives you more control and visibility of outbound email notifications. There is no audit log in default JIRA set up for outbound emails and we had issues when emails were not sent on ticket updates. We only got to know when client asked for the status.

Suggest an answer