Extract the epic names of stories tagged to a fix version

Anoop Kumar May 7, 2024

Hi, 

Im trying to extract the Epic name tagged to Stories, task or bugs that are tagged to a fixversion. Lets say my tickets are tagged to a fixversion SR240515, I want to extract the epic name of these tickets based on the fix version. 

I tried using the Issuefunction in epicsOf functionality, but not getting any results. 

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Hi @Anoop Kumar ,

Extract to where?  You can use the following JQL in Advanced search and then add "Parent" to your column layout. 

fixversion = SR240515

Anoop Kumar May 7, 2024

By extracting I meant retrieving on the screen. I need that for a reporting purpose. 

In your response, I couldn't find the JQL. Could you please share again. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Do you mean to say you couldn't find the advanced search view? If so...

1. click into the search bar in the top menu
  2. at the bottom of the pop up select Advanced search 
  3. in the query bar paste the JQL provided previously - fixversion = SR240515
  4. once the results are returned click on the columns icon and add Parent field 
Anoop Kumar May 8, 2024

I could find the advanced search view. 

In the response you have mentioned " use the following JQL in Advanced search ", Im unable to see this JQL you have provided. 

Screenshot 2024-05-08 144752.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2024

So if you enter "fixversion" in the field you should get a drop-down of available versions and you should choose the version you are interested in. I use SR24515 in my example as that was what you provide in your post. You might want to zero in on your version by including your project in the JQL (change the bold to meet your needs)

project = abcd and fixversion = xxxxx

Suggest an answer