Exporting to Excel with "Current Fields"

Robert Anthony September 10, 2015

We have a user who is trying to export with excel based on "Current Fields". He has the fields active in the filter (multiple date time fields, to monitor SLA) but in the export those fields don't show up. Any idea?

9 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2015

I'm not sure. 

I doubt the version of JIRA matters, but could you confirm it just on the off-chance?  (unless you're on 1 or 2 - they had some really strange oddities in filter exports, but the lowest I've seen in the last 5 years is 3.0.3)

I assume it's repeatable for that user, but does someone else exporting the same filter have the same problem?  And if someone else builds a different filter and includes some of the missing fields, do they lose them too on export?

2 votes
Norman_Heath January 23, 2018

I need more than 1,000 records exported. No way to do that either. 

2 votes
Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2016

Maybe the problem has something to do with a bug i was reporting some time ago.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-45752

Sadly Atlassian won't fix the bug sad

1 vote
Monika Katipally January 5, 2017

Has there been a resolution to it. I'm facing the same issue.

All the missing columns in my export ate Date columns custom fields.

But a couple of custom fields that are Date type are coming through. Am not sure on what basis its picking the columns to be exported into Excel.

Need urgent help with this please. 

Thanks.

Lubos Beno January 5, 2017

Hello, have you tried this? https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/working-with-search-results-764478404.html  It's about configuring columns for your filter to export.

0 votes
Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

i have also problem on exporting with current fields.

The export includes not the current fields of the view but the fields stored on the filter!

(JIRA 6.4.10)

Ľuboš Beňo September 26, 2016

Hi, working with columns in search result should help.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/working-with-search-results-764478404.html 

You can configure output columns to your excel. 

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2015

Try this with the Better Excel add-on, possibly with more success.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2015

What do you mean by filter here? Are the fields displaying properly in the "JQL Search Page"? If Exporting All fields are working, it's probably something with the currently displayed fields. How many fields are you displaying right now? Can you provide screenshots of the JQL results.

0 votes

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] little help buddy? smile

0 votes
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2015

Hi Robert,

have you tested it?

Yes I have tested it, the fields don't show up on the excel page.

darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2015

Are these fields related to a plugin? or custom groovy scripts? or basic time/date fields?

They are basic custom date/time fields.

darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2015

I'll let Nic take over.. (Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] I've dropped you an sms buddy)

lol now we're both bothering him.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question