It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Export of Backlog

Attempting to export the backlog to excel.

I have read the article but am missing the export option when viewing. Is this hidden somewhere with the new view?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Aug 09, 2018

Sandra,

In the backlog next to the number of backlogged issues you should see a box with three lines next to it.  If you hover over it then it will say view in issue navigator.  Click this and then export will be available in the upper right hand sign.  You will need to export to CSV in order to open it in excel.

Thank you Brant. I feel like I am def missing something as I cannot get to this not matter what I look at: https://goo.gl/uYWcS2

The three dots should be to the right of that picture, after you've cut it off.

I have to agree with Sandra here, I can´t find the option to export. See: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cDav66-Zy9P65TsLJW7JNz6k-_3PTaYG

Nope, not there.

Still not here yet

1 vote

As a more powerful alternative to the built-in Excel export feature, you can use Better Excel Plugin.

Besides other advantages (comparison), it also integrates to various UI screens in Jira, including the backlog:

1e199d1d-50ab-4087-92b7-a1a8c21e2976

0 votes

Has anyone been able to export backlog or sprint user stories and their acceptance criterias?

Hi @Sherwyn Pillay ,

Have you been able to try the suggestion by Aron above?

Since Jira's built-in export for backlog and sprints are not really sufficient for professional use, there is a choice of apps you can give a try. Among those

Better Excel Exporter can export from the Jira backlog to Excel >>

Better PDF Exporter can export the backlog to PDF >>

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you