Export customizing? (Settings -> Issues)

Eric Schreiber November 20, 2019

We got 2 instances of Jira one for trying out new features and one for productive use.
Is there a way to export everything in "Settings -> Issues" (workflows, custom fields...) so we don't have to customize everything again in the productive environment?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

Eric,

If I understand your question correctly, you have two instances, one for production, and one for testing. You'd made changes in the test environment to workflows, custom fields, ect that you'd like to apply to the production environment? 

Sadly, there is no way to do this out of the box. In order to transfer configurations between instances, you'll need to use a plugin such as Configuration manager for Jira  or Project Configurator for Jira. 

The only other way would be to manually reapply your changes in production.

Hope this helps!

Kian

Hi Kian,

yeah you got it correctly.
Well thats unlucky, thanks for the quick response tho.

Greetings
Eric

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

Hi @Eric Schreiber , 

there's an easy way to do this : perform an SQL dump of your Jira production database, and import it into the testing one, you'll find all your settings/issues/projects etc. You'll only need to change the instance Base URL after starting it for the first time and that's it.

You can also do a XML backup on the production instance and import it in the test instance : https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/restoring-data-from-an-xml-backup-938847707.html

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Hi @Alexis Robert 

Thanks for the quick answer.

That won't solve my problem tho. I already got everything of the production env. in the testing env. I know want to replace the settings of production env. with the one on the testing env. without replacing anything else, since the work on the production env. is still ongoing while changing settings at the testing env.

I hope thats understandable.

Greetings
Eric

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2019

OK I get it ! in this case you can use this add on : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211611/configuration-manager-for-jira

It will help you copy settings from one instance into the other.

Suggest an answer