Export OnDemand data to the companies hosted instance

Trent Venables October 30, 2012

My company is installing Jira with a rollout over the next 12 months. I want to run an OnDemand instance of Jira for my team straight away.

I need to know if we can export our OnDemand data to the companies hosted instance once they are up and running?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew Hunter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2012

Hi,

The process of exporting data out of OnDemand and importing it into JIRA standalone is pretty smooth these days. JIRA OnDemand is slightly different to the standalone version, but we're quite focussed on bringing the two versions closer and closer together.

The documentation on the export from OnDemand and import into standalone JIRA can be found at:

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks Matt.

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

This is definitely possible, but might not be recommended. You will need to export from OnDemand and install the required version.

OnDemand runs a different version compared to the download version. There are slight differences in OnDemand and it may benefit your team more if they stick with either OnDemand or the download version that they will be used to.

You might be better off finding a temporary JIRA hosting solution from another vendor. It all depends on your needs.

Cheers Harry Chan.

Suggest an answer