Export Issues to Excel with Link direction (blocks/blocked by)

ttremayne November 10, 2014

I'm exporting a list of issues from the issue list to excel format, but while it's including the links information, it's literally only putting in the issue number. I can't see anywhere it keeps the data as to whether item a blocks item b or is blocked by it, so I can see the hierarchy once it's exported (which makes it useless).

Am I missing something? How can I have data in the export that tells me the blocks / blocked by information for each link?

3 answers

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

You can define a custom Excel export with the Better Excel Plugin.

This plugin gives access to all issue properties, also including linked issues. You will be able to export the properties of the linked issue, and the link itself (type, direction, etc.).

Check out the customization guide

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

Hi Toby,

Excel export only includes the issue key and link to the issue. Unfortunately, it currently does not include the link type.

Maybe raise a new feature request at jira.atlassian.com?

Cheers

Joa Noya February 1, 2022

Hi guys,

Has there ever been a raise of a new feature request for this? If so, do you guys have a link so my company can also vote for it somehow? :)

Thank you in advance and kind regards :D,

Joa

0 votes
ttremayne November 10, 2014

Thanks for that Bhushan, I'll raise it. Do you know if there's any default export that includes the hierarchy?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2014

The Word export includes the link type as long as you have the linked issues added to the column.

Suggest an answer