Existing Fields Not Showing Up When You Edit The Story

vijayan_Ashokkumar January 22, 2020

My Jira Admin created a new broad for the new project. When i created stories and/or sub tasks, I am not able to see the fields like Story Points, Original Estimate and Remaining Estimate. 

I could see the same field in the old project which i am handling in parallel.

The admin checked both the Board/Project settings and everything seems similar.

Can any on help on what might be the cause and/or how to make those fields visible  on your story/sub task.

2 answers

0 votes
Tony Rossiter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

@vijayan_Ashokkumar 

Are you not seeing the fields in the Issue Detail View on the board or within the main Issue Create/View/Edit screens of the ticket?  Or both?

There are some steps to take to get to why your fields aren't showing up but a little bit more information would be helpful to narrow it down.

In general, it sounds like the fields you are looking for are either not on the appropriate View/Edit screen or that they are hidden by the Field Configuration.  If your admin has added them to the Issue Detail View on the board itself, this does not necessarily make the field available on the board itself; those other things I mentioned need to be configured correctly as well. 

Your Jira System Admin can also use the "Where is My Field?" feature to troubleshoot: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/jira-admin-helper-938847791.html

@Tony Rossiter Thanks for the details.. I will share the same with my Admin and see if this helps.

Like Tony Rossiter likes this
Tony Rossiter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Glad to help!  Please post screenshots if you get stuck

0 votes
elvir.dzeladin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2020

Hi,

Did you checked if the fields are showed in "configure fields"?

configure fields.PNG

Milan Kovacs January 22, 2020

Exactly, and to avoid having the same problem in the future, sit together with your JIRA admin to configure the project's screens.

@elvir.dzeladin yes these fields are showing on the configure fields. My Admin did some  changes and those fields are showing up for any issue I create newly. But if i go to edit the previously created issue, those fields are not showing 

@Milan Kovacs Its my Jira admin who is having the problem and PM/SM are not given access to any of the admin functionalities.

Suggest an answer