• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Existing Fields Not Showing Up When You Edit The Story

My Jira Admin created a new broad for the new project. When i created stories and/or sub tasks, I am not able to see the fields like Story Points, Original Estimate and Remaining Estimate. 

I could see the same field in the old project which i am handling in parallel.

The admin checked both the Board/Project settings and everything seems similar.

Can any on help on what might be the cause and/or how to make those fields visible  on your story/sub task.

2 answers

Hi,

Did you checked if the fields are showed in "configure fields"?

configure fields.PNG

Exactly, and to avoid having the same problem in the future, sit together with your JIRA admin to configure the project's screens.

@elvir.dzeladin yes these fields are showing on the configure fields. My Admin did some  changes and those fields are showing up for any issue I create newly. But if i go to edit the previously created issue, those fields are not showing 

@Milan_Kovacs Its my Jira admin who is having the problem and PM/SM are not given access to any of the admin functionalities.

@vijayan_Ashokkumar 

Are you not seeing the fields in the Issue Detail View on the board or within the main Issue Create/View/Edit screens of the ticket?  Or both?

There are some steps to take to get to why your fields aren't showing up but a little bit more information would be helpful to narrow it down.

In general, it sounds like the fields you are looking for are either not on the appropriate View/Edit screen or that they are hidden by the Field Configuration.  If your admin has added them to the Issue Detail View on the board itself, this does not necessarily make the field available on the board itself; those other things I mentioned need to be configured correctly as well. 

Your Jira System Admin can also use the "Where is My Field?" feature to troubleshoot: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/jira-admin-helper-938847791.html

@Tony_Rossiter Thanks for the details.. I will share the same with my Admin and see if this helps.

Like Tony_Rossiter likes this

Glad to help!  Please post screenshots if you get stuck

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you