Excel not saving JQL query

Vince Clark May 15, 2024

I created and saved a filter, selected exported excel (my fields), The excel downloads and opens without issues, but the JQL query is shown in the addon, Previously when opening a file the JQL would show.. I tired the same process by changing to a filter. again on reopening the file the filter is not saved and I have to load again, The requirement i have is that i have two pivot tables and I would like to refresh the data on a weekly basses. Without the query being saved i have to recreate the pivots on every data import rather than refreshing the data ,, any ideas>

1 answer

0 votes
Nathan Phillips
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2024

Hello @Vince Clark,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out here in the Community!

Could you please confirm, are you using the Jira Cloud for Excel (official) app from the Atlassian Marketplace?

If you open a Private Browser/Incognito Window and attempt to export your issues to excel again, do you have better results? This provides us with a clean browser cache/cookies/extensions to rule out any browser related issues. 

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Vince Clark May 17, 2024

@Nathan Phillips thanks for the reply. Yes i can confirm that we are using Jira Cloud Official. I have tried the process as you have outlined (in a private Browser) unfortunately the query or the filter are not saved with the Excel workbook. One thing I have noticed is that previously (several months ago). On export the JQL Query would show on open in the Jira cloud window. This is no longer the case.

Nathan Phillips
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2024

@Vince Clark Hello!

Thank you for attempting some of those troubleshooting workarounds within your browser, we really appreciate that!

At this point, I believe the issue you are facing would be best served directly by our Technical Support team.

I went ahead and created a support ticket on your behalf, using your email address. You should expect to receive an email soon with a direct link to the ticket I created for you. 

A Support Engineer will take ownership of this ticket, and reach out to you directly to further investigate the behavior together with you. 

Thanks again for your patience!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events