Estimate field missing on on new Issue Type

Peter Madsen October 17, 2019

I've created a new issue Type for a project as a standard issue type (not sub-task)

All previous standard-issue types in the project has the Estimate field where we add our story points.

The new issue type does not have the Estimate field, but i need it since it too should be valued in SP.

I've tried adding timetracking, but that is not the problem since all the other issues have the estimate field.

So the new issue type should basically have all the same fields as all the other standard issue, but is missing Estimate.

You can see the difference below.

Release estimate missing.pngTask estimate.png

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2019

Try adding log work and see..!

no, doesn't solve it.

and log work isn't on the other standard-issues.

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2019

on the create screen that you used to create issue should contain the field called time tracking ...that will surely show out the estimated in the view screen like original and remaining estimate .If its already there in the create screen then check the field configuration whether it is "hide or show"   

we don't work with remaining estimate, and the field is still showing on the original standard issues.

If I change an issue, for example task, to the new issue type the fild goes missing in the view screen, but reappears when I turn it back to a task issue again.

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2019

both original and remaining estimate comes when the time tracking added to the create screen of the issue 

if its added and still u cant see ...then check the field config of that particular field thats linked with that issue 

Suggest an answer