You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have asked this question previously but I'm asking again to get a bump because I haven't gotten an answer yet. Here is the old question Finding user names to bulk upload issues via CSV (atlassian.com)
To summarise, I can't bulk upload because my project requires a product owner field to be mapped in a bulk upload and no names that I am putting in are being recognised. (We have just transistioned to new jira) I have tried the following:
1) Using people's email addresses eg email@example.com
2) Searching in the old Jira for user names and using those eg josmit
3) Using people's names as they appear in Jira eg John Smith
4) Using people's domain names without the email address eg josmith
5) Trying different people eg: project owner, myself, another random person (all of which I can assign as the product owner to an individual issue outside of a bulk upload
Please help! :(
Thank you!!! This worked. The way I found it was I searched for issues assigned to the person in basic then converted to JQL. The JQL search automatically changed the person's ID to their name so I had to copy and paste in a document the JQL search. Then I could find the string after assignee: and copy that into the bulk upload field. Thanks for your help.
Maybe some feedback for Jira on how convoluted this process was!