Error enabling a plugin

Fr0zt March 26, 2019

Hello.
I am using JSD 4.0.2 and Jira Core 8.0.2.
I am trying to enable a plugin in my Jira (NTX Plugin) but I am getting errors.

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Failed to parse configuration class [com.atlassian.ntx.utils.PropertiesSetup]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: OSGi resource[classpath:com/atlassian/plugin/web/baseconditions/BaseCondition.class|bnd.id=236|bnd.sym=com.atlassian.ntx.ntxUI] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist

Can you help me with this?

Errors:

2019-03-25 14:38:55,559 ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 38 ERROR admin 878x587x1 9rmu72 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.p.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Unable to start the plugin container for plugin 'com.atlassian.ntx.ntxUI'
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Failed to parse configuration class [com.atlassian.ntx.utils.PropertiesSetup]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: OSGi resource[classpath:com/atlassian/plugin/web/baseconditions/BaseCondition.class|bnd.id=236|bnd.sym=com.atlassian.ntx.ntxUI] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassParser.parse(ConfigurationClassParser.java:184)
	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.processConfigBeanDefinitions(ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.java:316)
	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.postProcessBeanDefinitionRegistry(ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.java:233)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.activator.LifecycleManager$1.run(LifecycleManager.java:213)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: OSGi resource[classpath:com/atlassian/plugin/web/baseconditions/BaseCondition.class|bnd.id=236|bnd.sym=com.atlassian.ntx.ntxUI] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.io.OsgiBundleResource.getURL(OsgiBundleResource.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.io.OsgiBundleResource.getInputStream(OsgiBundleResource.java:181)
	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassParser.parse(ConfigurationClassParser.java:176)
	... 15 more

2 answers

1 vote
Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

@Fr0zt Adding com.atlassian.plugin.web.baseconditions to Import-Package in the jira-maven-plugin config fixed this for me.

<Import-Package>
com.atlassian.jira.event,
com.atlassian.plugin.web.baseconditions,
</Import-Package>

After adding the baseconditions package I had another similar error with events and adding the event package fix that as well.

I don't understand why this was working before...

Chisiang Ng July 28, 2019

Thanks @Tobias Binna 

Like Tobias Binna likes this
Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2021

Thanks @Tobias Binna 
This worked for me. I had the same issue upgrading my plugins from Jira core 7.13.1 to 8.18.2

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2019

Hi,

Is this problem happening in a new installation of Jira 8.0.2 or was Jira working in this version for some time before this problem started happening?

Could you run the following SQL command on the Jira database and let us know the results?

select * from pluginstate;

This will return to us a listing of all plugins in Jira that have been flagged on a database level to be disabled.   I would expect any plugins you manually disabled to appear here, but I am interested to learn if one or more system plugins might exist on this list and in turn not be getting loaded up when Jira starts.

Regards,

Andy

Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2019

Similar issue here. Seeing this when trying to make app compatible with Jira 8.1.1

nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: OSGi resource[classpath:com/atlassian/plugin/web/baseconditions/BaseCondition.class|bnd.id=218|bnd.sym=io.toolsplus.intercom-for-jira-server] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] OSGi resource[classpath:com/atlassian/plugin/web/baseconditions/BaseCondition.class|bnd.id=218|bnd.sym=io.toolsplus.intercom-for-jira-server] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist

Pluginstate query above does not return anything. No records in DB.

Suggest an answer