Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Error about component when importing issue from CSV

The component is existing and when we import issue from CSV, it always show the error: 

The component xxx doesn't exist in this project and can't be added. Does anyone know why it happens?

2 answers

1 vote
Craig Nodwell Community Leader Jun 24, 2022

Hi @Jason Liu have you reviewed the logs?  What do they say on the import?  There should be further details in there.

Hi @Jason Liu ,

The component field should be there in the target project while importing .When you map with the field values of component from one project make sure that the component field should present in target project when you are mapping otherwise it will throw a error . 

For checking purpose you can see in target project whether components is a custom field or system field . A/Q to it you should map.

I hope , I have cleared your query. let me know if you are facing some issue with screenshot.

Thanks & Regards,

Rishav Kumar Gupta 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you