Error about component when importing issue from CSV

Jason Liu June 24, 2022

The component is existing and when we import issue from CSV, it always show the error: 

The component xxx doesn't exist in this project and can't be added. Does anyone know why it happens?

2 answers

1 vote
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

Hi @Jason Liu have you reviewed the logs?  What do they say on the import?  There should be further details in there.

Jason Liu June 27, 2022

Hi Craig, Component issue has been solved. I just found another one. Please see the error: The value [ {null=UK-ITEC Connect (Xerox)} ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Partner Name ]. The value [ {null=UK-ITEC Connect (Xerox)} ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format. 

I checked the CSV and there's nothing before UK. I'm so confused. Do you have any idea?

Jason Liu June 27, 2022

Hi Craig, I just found that there's format problem in the CSV. Problem solved. Thank you.

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
0 votes
RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

Hi @Jason Liu ,

The component field should be there in the target project while importing .When you map with the field values of component from one project make sure that the component field should present in target project when you are mapping otherwise it will throw a error . 

For checking purpose you can see in target project whether components is a custom field or system field . A/Q to it you should map.

I hope , I have cleared your query. let me know if you are facing some issue with screenshot.

Thanks & Regards,

Rishav Kumar Gupta 

Jason Liu June 26, 2022

Hi, Kumar, Component issue has been solved. I just found another one. Please see the error: The value [ {null=UK-ITEC Connect (Xerox)} ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Partner Name ]. The value [ {null=UK-ITEC Connect (Xerox)} ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format. 

I checked the CSV and there's nothing before UK. I'm so confused. Do you have any idea?

Jason Liu June 27, 2022

Hi Kumar, I just found that there's format problem in the CSV. Problem solved. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events