Error 403 when trying to connect Bitbucket Server to Jira Cloud via Application Link

Intern
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 7, 2021

When trying to connect Bitbucket Server to Jira Cloud via Application Link, I get the errors posted below. 

The Bitbucket server is running on port 8443.

There is a green link in the Bitbucket page when incoming from Jira but every other connection is a red link.

I also want to clarify a few things:

1. In one of the documentations, it says that the bitbucket server must be accessible either through port 443 or 80. However I see that other people using ports that other than 443 and have success when doing the application link.

2. Does the certificate in the bitbucket server have to be valid and NOT self signed or is this optional. 

3. Could it be these two factors that is causing this issue

Screenshot (6).pngScreenshot (8).png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2021

Hi @Intern

Try this troubleshooting guide to see if it fixes your issues: https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/application-links-troubleshooting-guide-718668765.html#ApplicationLinksTroubleshootingGuide-ssl

If you still have problems, I suggest you contact Atlassian Support.

Cheers

0 votes
Neha Dalal April 14, 2022

Hey, I'm exactly facing same issue..we're you able to resolve that? If so can you please guide me...I've already raised ticket with atlassian but no update yet(more than 45 days). 

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2022

Hello @Neha Dalal

Thanks for reaching out to Community. The content Fabian linked is a good source to troubleshoot your SSL issue which is most likely causing a connection failure. Here is the source: https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/application-links-troubleshooting-guide-718668765.html#ApplicationLinksTroubleshootingGuide-ssl

SSL troubleshooting

The 'Configure Application Links' screen in Atlassian products provides diagnostics for the following SSL problems that can occur with application links:

Follow the links above for diagnostics and specific actions you can take to resolve these SSL problems.

Otherwise, see our SSL and application link troubleshooting guide for general solutions or see the error messages related to SSL problems.

I was unable to locate any support cases you had from the Community account you're using. Let you have a link to a case please let me know and I will follow up on that.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2022

@Neha Dalal ,

I was able to locate your support issue (JST-747873) and you are a participant on the issue. It was last updated on the 13th of April. Please work with your site admin to expedite the resolution of this issue.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events