Enable backlog planning access without access to board

I have an instance where a client needs to be able to manage a project's backlog in order to prioritise tasks for each sprint. Is it possible to have the Backlog accessible but not the Active Sprint or Board (i.e. have access to planning the sprints but not the actual board/active sprint view)?

I have them able to Browse Project and Manage Sprints in the permission scheme (amongst others) but have filtered the board to be only accessible for an internal project role and also group (which the client is not in).

With these settings the client's account can only see the issue filter view—the Backlog menu item is hidden and they're not able to see the backlog via direct link.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

There's no way to do this, the backlog is an intrinsic part of the board.

Yeah figured as much. Was hoping I was just missing something but that's fine. I'll just manage issue security for the sub-tasks. Thank you :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

149 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you