Emails not being sent to customer on status change

Craig Tye January 11, 2017

we have a number of service desk request types, which I have linked to workflows with each status having a unique name.

When a customer logs a ticket through the portal, they get a confirmation of receipt email, and when the JIRA is resolved, they get an email stating it's resolved and to provide feedback on the experience. Hey also get emails from comments to the customer.

However, the customer doesn't receive any emails noting that the status has changed, and hence they are in the dark up until the JIRA is closed. He doco states that they should be notified as long as the customer status for the request type is not the same as the status, which I have confirmed is not the case.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

Hi Craig,

look up the Notification Scheme for your Project and check if Emails are send for "Generic Event".

This is the standard event triggered when the status changes. If you trigger another event when changing status (look up in your workflow postfunctions) then be sure that Email are sent for this certain event.

Best Regards,
Alex

Craig Tye January 11, 2017

I suspected that there might have been an issue with the notification schemes / workflow events, but service desk overrides the normal JIRA notification schemes for customers for service desk projects.

I have presently turned off the service desk notifications, which forces it back to the standard notification scheme, which has fixed the email issue, however I am keen to use service desk notifications, as this will use more user friendly emails with links directly to the service desk portal, rather than to JIRA itself.

As an aside, the events I am throwing are 'Issue Updated' when transitioning status.

Cheers, Craig.

Suggest an answer