Email replies from Outlook not stripping out quoted text in comment

Deleted user January 17, 2018

I am able to successfully get email replies to post comments to the correct JIRA issue, however the quoted text is not being stripped out.

The Handler I'm using is "Add a comment from the non quoted email body". Emails are coming from Outlook 2016.

Question has been asked before, but the answers are 4-5 years old and seem to apply to JIRA server (not Cloud):

Jira is not stripping our prior replies from HTML emails from Outlook clients

Any guidance or suggestions Atlassian community? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

Hi Joe,

There is a suggestion request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-14543 regarding this issue. 

Also, there are 2 workarounds presented by Uldis Berzins on July 10th 2009 as a comment in that ticket. They also work today. However, both refer to configuration changes in Outlook, and not in Jira:

a) Outlook inserts "Original message" if incoming mail is plain text format. The solution is to make Outlook users to change default e-mail format to plain text;

b) Outlook users can make a default e-mail signature for replies which contains "Original message" line. This signature may contain and may not contain something else, but the last line should be "Original message". This signature must be configured as default signature for replies, then Outlook will automatically insert it in replies.

Claudiu

Deleted user June 18, 2018

Thank you Claudiu - unfortunately making these kinds of changes in Outlook is not a viable workaround for our organization. I have voted for and am watching this request

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events