Email notifications to be sent to specific jira users dependant on the specific field content

Kay November 22, 2019

I need to be able to inform specific Jira users that cases have been raised when certain criteria (within custom fields) are met.  However, what I cannot do, is assign the tickets to them as they need to be informed, but not responsible.

I have custom fields of Client / Priority / AM (which is a Jira user-picker) and would like that when Client = XZY and Priority = 1 then AM should be "specific user".  If this happens, then I'd like to trigger an email to the AM to let them know the ticket has been raised.

I may be trying to do too much at once, but any suggestions gratefully received.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2019

Nothing out of the box allows you do do that. I'm not aware of plugin that allows that. A listener may be able to to it but I don't know if you can have listeners in the cloud instance.

Kay November 22, 2019

I had a sneaking suspicion that would be the case, but it was worth a try.  I'll just have to get the AM set manually on creation in that case.  Thank you!

0 votes
Joachim Bollen [ACA IT] November 26, 2019

You could create a custom event and link it in your notification scheme to the users that need to be informed.

In the workflow you can add a dummy hidden transition to the same status, which triggers this custom event.

And if you have any automation app, you could automatically trigger that transition when certain conditions are met.

A whole workaround, but I think it could work.

Suggest an answer