Email notification at specified interval

Hi all. I'm looking for a way to send email notification at a specified inteval based on a bug's priority. For example, if a bug is marked as a "Blocker", I'd like the owner to be emailed once every hour until the bug is resolved. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks!

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You probably want a service, or just a subscription with a cron expression. A listener will handle mailing someone when the priority changes to Blocker.

But... seriously, take a step back. Mail someone every hour? How absolutely maddening that would be to be on the receiving end of that.

Hey Fender4645,

You need to write a scheduled task. Take a look at

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/05/scheduled-tasks-in-jira.html

Cheers

Bhushan

We use the following plug-in

Builtin Script Listener

And you can configure a custom email when conditions are met. Exactly what you are looking for I think.

Thanks, guys. It looks like script listener may be what we're looking for. But in my cursory check, it looks like an event has to trigger it. Can it be scheduled?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

113 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you