Email handler breaks line down in JIRA

Olivier Brzozowski February 10, 2012

I am using JEMH 0.9.9 with Jira 4.4 and Gmail. When I email comments to a ticket, I notice that the lines are broken at about 75 characters (with spaces), leaving most of the screen width available unused. I did a test sending an email with a continuous string of characters (without spaces) and found that the lines are not broken at the 75 character mark. Any idea why that is? Is it coming from the email handler or something else?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2012

Perhaps: http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Help-Composing-Messages-en/browse_thread/thread/c84226ac11626dc1?pli=1

> Plain text mode automatically wraps. To make the text flow to the
> size of the viewing area, compose in Rich text.

To see the mail, go to gmail, look at your sent list. If you find the email 'source' of the message (through Show Original in the right hand corner menu when viewing a mail) to which you refer is not clipped at 75 characters, then I'll need that email source to progress a fix (please raise in https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JEMH )

Olivier Brzozowski February 13, 2012

The Show Original do show that my gmail clipped my emails at 75 characters (except for the continuous string of characters). It does it whether in plain text or rich formatting, no difference. I will continue searching on gmail forums. Thanks.

0 votes
Pam Armitage
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2013

Oliver did you ever find a solution to this?

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2013

Just chiming in, if your mail combines both text and html versions of content, JEMH can prefer HTML, the decoding of such doesnt then suffer this transport induced problem.

0 votes
Olivier Brzozowski February 10, 2012

Andy, since you are monitoring this, you said:

"I suspect the issue is coming at the client end, outlook?" - can't be, I am not using outlook, only gmail.

"Dig out an old mail from 'all mail' on gmail, the truth will be there..." Not sure what you mean here. Can you be more specific?

Thx. Olivier

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events