Email group

Marijana Nikolic May 18, 2021

Hello,

All requests from our users reach one email group, and I want to integrate that group with Jira Service Management. That is, I want all emails that arrive in that email group to be opened automatically as new tickets in JSM to Is it possible or must it be an email address?

Best regards,

Marijana

1 answer

2 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

Hello Marijana, 

Unfortionaly you need a mailbox to achieve this.

Only email address can be added to JSM, but by default JSM comes with email address for requests.

BR, Olga

Marijana Nikolic May 18, 2021

Thanks Olga! 

mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2021

@Marijana Nikolic Not sure if I got it right. With "email group" you mean an "email distribution list", e.g. an email address like allpeople@company.com that forwards all emails to it's members, right?

Can't you just add the jira mailhandler address (support@YOURJIRA.atlassian.net) as member of the distribution lists (allpeople@company.com)?

In case someone writes to allpeople@company.com it will automatically be forwarded to your jira handler and should create a ticket. Do I miss something?

- Cheers, Markus // Founder of Duplicate AI // Find & Merge Duplicate Issues

Marijana Nikolic May 25, 2021

@mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_ I tried that way, but I come to the part where I have a default user, I have the option to create a user but it doesn't work. I found it to be a bug in JSM.

I'm still trying to find a solution. I need that emails automatically open in JSM that arrive from our users. but I haven't been able to integrate yet, Can you please help?

Regards,

Marijana

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2021

Hi, I am not sure I understand what you mean with default user.

• Where is the default user? In JSM?
  • Where and why do you need to create one?

It sounds a little bit like you are setting up a custom mail handler, but that is not needed. JSM should be able to do what you want out of the box. Could it be that you have read instructions to set up JIRA and not JSM? (mail handling is different!)

From my point of view all you need is JSMs email address and forward emails to it. And if you have the right permissions:

• For every email to that address
  • If the sender address (sender@company) is not yet known to JSM will automatically create a customer (sender@company) .
  • A new ticket will be created and the new customer will be assigned as the reporter.

Here are a few links you may want to check out:

Regards
Markus Arndt // Founder of Duplicate AI // Find & Merge Duplicate Issues

Marijana Nikolic May 26, 2021

I tried it with an email handler

Screenshot_69.png

but I have a default user, and I cannot mark CREATE USER option.

Screenshot_68.png

Our users write to the email group support@agemo.com. Can I link some of these emails from the image below to that group? So that my tickets open automatically

Screenshot_67.png

Marketplace Partner
May 27, 2021

So you're doing two things, which I think are not needed:

• You're adding an email handler on global level, but this can be done easier on project level in JSM.
  • You try to "create users", which is not needed. Users need a valid Jira license, but what you really want is to "create customers"

My thoughts are:

• Remove the email handler on global level.
  • In your JSM project, find the JSM email address. Add it to the support@agemo.com list.
  • Make sure that customers are automatically created when they send a request.

Here some visuals on what I mean:

2021-05-27 17_01_06-ITSM-Heroes - Email - Service project - Jira.png

2021-05-27 17_04_56-Jira Service Management configuration - Jira.png

2021-05-27 17_03_45-ITSM-Heroes - Customer permissions - Service project - Jira.png

- Cheers, Markus Arndt // Founder of Duplicate AI // Find & Merge Duplicate Issues

Marijana Nikolic May 27, 2021

Thank you Markus for your reply.

I did everything from the second and third pictures. But in the first picture, I can't enter the email (support@agremo.com), it doesn't allow me to change this after @

Screenshot_76.png

Regards,

Marijana

Marketplace Partner
May 27, 2021

I think you're nearly there, but there's still this missunderstanding between us:

• I didn't mean that you should change that email address to @agremo.com

For now, I wanted to suggest that Instead support@agremo.com should forward all emails to support@team-161....atlassian.net, since:

• I understood that support@agremo.com is just a distribution list
  • Then you could add support@team-161....atlassian.net to that distribution list
  • So that the email flow will look as in the picture below

2021-05-27 21_06_14-Book2 - Excel.png

Did I maybe misunderstand?

Marijana Nikolic May 31, 2021

Hi Markus,

I tried this before but it didn’t work.

Now I have found this to be a problem.

Screenshot_81.png

But I'm not sure if it's from our side or JSM

When I add an email address to the distribution list then I get this message ''DMARC validation failed'', and when I send it directly to the address (support@team-1611580429600.atlassian.net) then it works

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events