Editing a test while running?

Hello, is it possible to edit an existing test at the same time as running it? Seeing a typo and correcting it, or deleting an unnecessary step for example. This was possible in QC and is seen as an important feature to my team. If not, could it be considered as a feature request?

1 answer

Hi jamie,

If you're executing a Test and need to change some field, add a new step for instance, you will be prompted to reset your execution as shown in the attachments.

Best regards,

Diamantino Campos 

reset-testexec-after-edit-test.pngconfirm-rest.png

Hmm, that's a shame as QC does not have a similar restriction. I've just had a go and while I'm running a test I can only add comments, defects, evidences or manipulate the step status. I cannot edit the step data or expected result, add a step or delete a step. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong or have an older version installed?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,711 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you