EazyBI - I want to show when something moves from "In Progress" to "Backlog".

Chawn Corrales - Rodriguez June 29, 2022

I have a warning in place to show when issues are past due, late start, or Early Close (below). I just can't figure out how to show when the status changes happen. Can anyone help?

CASE
WHEN [Measures].[PlannedEndCompare] = 1
AND [Measures].[Issue resolution] = 'Done'
THEN 'Early Close'
WHEN [Measures].[PlannedStartCompare] = -1
AND [Measures].[PlannedEndCompare] = 1
AND [Measures].[Issue status] <> 'In Progress'
THEN 'Late Start'
WHEN [Measures].[PlannedEndCompare] = -1
AND [Measures].[Child Resolution Progress] < 1
THEN 'Past Due'
WHEN [Measures].[PlannedStartCompare] = 1
AND [Measures].[Issue status] = 'In Progress'
THEN 'Early Progress'
END

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2022

Hi @Chawn Corrales - Rodriguez 

You can check if the issue has gone through a particular transition by using a condition with tuple from dimension "Transition" and measure "Transitions to status" (more about this dimension and measure), i.e. if the count of such transitions is larger than 0:

([Measures].[Transitions to status],
[Transition].[In Progress => Backlog])>0

Best,

Ilze, support@eazybi.com

Chawn Corrales - Rodriguez June 30, 2022

This is incredibly helpful!

Though to add a layer of complexity. Can I make it say something other than true or false?

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2022

@Chawn Corrales - Rodriguez

You can add this in a CASE or IIF statement, e.g.

IIF(
([Measures].[Transitions to status],
[Transition].[In Progress => Backlog]) > 0,
'Yes', 'No' )

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Chawn Corrales - Rodriguez June 30, 2022

I'm so glad I asked this forum! Thank you both so much for your help. This did exactly what I was looking for. 

Like Lauma Cīrule likes this
0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

I'm not familiar with EazyBI, but it appears you are looking at data values. When a transition moves the issue history will show it, but probably nothing you can measure. You can use a post function in the transition to set the value of a custom field. I do that to set the date for milestone transitions. You would need to modify the workflow and create a custom field to do that. Maybe someone familiar with EazyBI has a solution 

Chawn Corrales - Rodriguez June 29, 2022

Thanks for getting back to me! I couldn't find an option for EazyBI in the dropdown so if there is a better place for this question I'll move it there.

Suggest an answer