E-Mail Notifications and Sorting

Alianna Cordova December 31, 2018

Hello All,

My company is new to the JIRA platform and we're having some issues with Email.  

1. We want to be able to send comments with the resolution.  For Example, if I comment on an issue and say "your issue is resolved because of XXXX" I want the user to get that message with the notification email.  At the moment when we switch to resolved, it just changes the ticket status and tells the customer to visit the portal to see the comment which is not ideal.  Any idea how to work around this?

2. We need to be able to sort based on email subject lines.  For example if I send an email to our JIRA support email with the subject line "Router" it should sort that as an incident and alert our network team.  Any ideas on how to get that to work?  I've tried changing automation rules but it does absolutely nothing.

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2019

Hello Alianna,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
If you set a screen to add a comment when an issue is resolved, the customer will receive a notification informing why the issue was resolved. This is an example of my test instance, I just added a comment "This issue was resolved":

Screenshot 2019-01-02_11-02-09.png

You can find more information about screens on the documentation below:
- Defining a screen

About the alert, you can create automation and alert users when some ticket with the summary "Router" is created, check an example below:

Screenshot 2019-01-02_11-14-02.png
Hope this helps!
If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer