Dynamic title in request form

Marcel Piket May 12, 2023

I've created a request form 'Add new user' for a customer. The customers enter first name, last name and other details. If the ticket is send, the title of the ticket will be 'Add new user'. However, if many users are required al tickets have same description. 

I'd actually like to make use of the fields filled in to the form. Something like "Add new user " &firstname &lastname.

Can somebody guide me to the possibilities here ?

Thanks in advance

M

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

hello @Marcel Piket ,

You can take a look at Automation for jira. 

The trigger will be issue creation and the edit the summary if issuetype or request type equal you request. 

here is a close example :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automationkb/automation-rule-to-append-assignee-full-name-to-the-end-of-the-summary-field-1107631937.html

Marcel Piket May 13, 2023

Hi Mugabuhamye,

This indeed was the pointer in the right direction. After some testing and playing around I was able to achieve what I wanted.

Thnaks !

Gustavo Moraes April 12, 2024

@Marcel Piket can you share with us how you did it?

I'm going through the same situation.

Thanks!

Marcel Piket April 13, 2024

@Gustavo Moraes Given the fact that I had a form 'Add new user' which is filled in by the customer. In this form they also need to specify the first and last name an simple automation rule can be set up. When ticket is raised it creates ticket with summary "Add new user" but the automation rule immediatly updates that summary fiels by adding First and lastname to it. Screenshots should speak for itself.

Hope you can get it to work for your situation

image.pngimage.png

Like Gustavo Moraes likes this
Gustavo Moraes April 15, 2024

@Marcel Piket
Nice!

I made it work under different conditions, but it's pretty much the same thing.

image.pngimage.png

I appreciate your time in replying to me!

Thanks a lot!

Like Marcel Piket likes this
Marcel Piket April 16, 2024

Glad it works for you as well @Gustavo Moraes 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS