Dynamic Form functionality in Jira Service Desk Form for the System Field ‘Attachments’.

Gaurav Yadav July 28, 2017

Currently I’m trying to achieve Dynamic Form functionality in Jira Service Desk Form for the System Field ‘Attachments’.

Based on the response for certain question in my service desk form, the attachments option should reflect accordingly. At present I’m working with ‘JIRA Software 7.1.10’ and ‘JIRA Service Desk 3.1.10’ version. Also I’m using ‘Extension for JIRA Service Desk 4.1.10’.

3 answers

0 votes
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2018

OK, I'll try to make it clear @Alvin @Gaurav Yadav. We've reworked the feature's configuration, so the documentation is a bit outdated right now (sorry guys, we're working hard on rewriting it and migrating to our Support webpage).

The Dynamic Forms functionality in Jira Service Desk is included into the Extension app. In Jira Software, it is a separate app called Dynamic Forms for Jira. The configuration for this feature in both apps is the same, though.

You can add either a system or a custom field as the master field for a Dynamic Form. You can also add Attachments as a related field tied to one or many options selected. Here's such a setup on a screenshot:

dynamic-forms-example.pngFor more details, see this video tutorial I've made. Feel free to drop me a line back in case of any questions, or go to the Support page (link above) and have a live chat with our support team. They will also be happy to help you out :)

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2018

Hi @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_, I have Dynamic Forms for JIRA but I can't add System Field on Dynamic Forms

Screenshot from 2018-09-27 17_15_25.png

I can't add system field right there, it redirects me to custom fields

Screenshot from 2018-09-27 17_16_55.png

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2018

@Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_I need to add it on Edit Issue Screen, not on Customer Portal

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2018

@Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_any suggestions?

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2018

Oh, I see.

Unfortunately, for now you cannot add a system field as the master in Jira Software as is. Which exact field would you like to add?

I'd suggest a workaround until we add this possibility in Jira Software: if possible, create a similar field with the same options as a custom field. Then you will be able to feature it on a Dynamic Form.

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2018

The Priority (System Field) is what I needed to add on it.

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
September 27, 2018

OK, so my suggestion for now remains the same as above: create a Dynamic Select field and call it Priority. Then you can hide the system Priority field from the screen and use this custom one as a Dynamic Field.

The drawback is that you won't be able to create schemes with this field like with the default Priority field in Jira, but this is the only workaround I can come up with for you right now.

I let the developers know about the need to use system fields in Dynamic Forms for Jira, so we'll investigate this from the technical point of view and probably put it on the roadmap. I suggest that you watch the app on the Marketplace, so you won't miss the update when it is shipped.

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2018

Thank you for the suggestion @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_ , will definitely do this if I've run out of options

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
September 27, 2018

No problem @Alvin! Stay in touch :)

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2018

Hi @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_, I have a problem regarding with the Required Related Fields under Dynamic Forms, I have this Custom Field and I add related field, and make it required, but when I am trying to reuse this custom field to other projects, it shows an error that I must fill in this related field even if it is not on the project, nor the screen. Related field is not required on the field configurations, please help. 

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
October 3, 2018

Hi Alvin! Which version of the app are you using, and on which screen does this problem occur? There is a problem which we know about required fields blocking workflow transitions - we're working on it, so it should be fixed by the next release. For all the other screens, we've already fixed such occurrences, so I suggest that you upgrade to Dynamic Forms 3.2.

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2018

Hi @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_ , I have this Dynamic Form Single Select Field used on my ABC Project, and it has related fields on it and it is required, but when I reused that Single Select Field on my other project, it also requires the related fields , even it is not associated on screen, project. any thoughts about this? 

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
October 4, 2018

@Alvin, just like I said in the upper comment - an upgrade to the latest version of the app (which is 3.2 right now) should fix the problem.

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2018

Hi @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_ , there comes this problem that I can't edit inline one of my dynamic fields, I check it on edit/view and create screens, but still no hope. I also put a behavior on that field using scriptrunner to allow inline edit and still it does not come. any solutions?

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
October 9, 2018

Hi @Alvin! I assume there may be other conflicts inside the system, which we would need to investigate. Please submit a ticket on our Service Desk and upload your support file, so we could dig into your setup faster and solve the problem.

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2018

@Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_ here it is SUPPORT-24992

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
October 9, 2018

@Alvin OK, so our Support team will contact you in a while :)

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2018

@Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_ , Thanks, , hoping for a faster transaction

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2018

Hi @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_ , I have raised another support ticket regarding with your application. can you help?

Also, how can I enable debugging on Dynamic Form application? Thanks

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
November 21, 2018

Hi @Alvin,

You're welcome to drop a line directly to our Support team via LiveChat at https://deviniti.com/support. You'll get response from them in real time.

Like Alvin likes this
Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2018

Hi @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_

how can I enable debugging on Dynamic Form application? Thanks

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2018

@Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_ , it says your agents are not available

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2018

@Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_ Here's my support number : SUPPORT-25908

0 votes
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
January 29, 2018

Here's the new documentation for the Dynamic Forms feature in Extension for JSD: https://intenso.support/addon/server/extension/latest/dynamic-forms/

If you don't find an answer there, drop a line at contact@intenso.support, and we'll try to help you ASAP :)

Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2018

Hi @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_ , is it possible to convert System Field to Dynamic Field? Thank you

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2017

Can you explain a bit more in detail and provide some screenshots please? 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Gaurav Yadav July 28, 2017

Hi Christopher Thomas,

I am trying to use the Dynamic Form functionality , this functionality associate any field with a perticular option available in a dropdown. It makes associated field appear on form only when we select the that perticular option in the Service Desk form.

So the problem I am facing here is that I am not seeing the option to add the "Attachments" fields (System Field) in the Dynamic form settings page. I need to display the attachements fields in the service desk form only when the user selects specific answer choice for the particular question in the form.

Hope this is clear.

Cheers!

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2017

Hi and thanks for the clarification - from the addon documentation I would say this is because only custom fields are supported: https://intenso.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SPFJSD/pages/524311/Dynamic+Forms

Can you please raise a ticket to ask the addon vendor? 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Keith Shaw October 26, 2017

Thanks Chris but this is a dead link. 

I am disappointed that this is not native functionality in ServiceDesk yet.
When it came out this seemed like a logical function that would come in due time but it does not appear Atlassian cares enough and is going to wait for someone to develop it for them at extra cost to us.

Case in point this add-on that appears to address this costs $1500+ Dynamic Forms for Jira

Suggest an answer