Dynamic Form functionality in Jira Service Desk Form for the System Field ‘Attachments’.

Currently I’m trying to achieve Dynamic Form functionality in Jira Service Desk Form for the System Field ‘Attachments’.

Based on the response for certain question in my service desk form, the attachments option should reflect accordingly. At present I’m working with ‘JIRA Software 7.1.10’ and ‘JIRA Service Desk 3.1.10’ version. Also I’m using ‘Extension for JIRA Service Desk 4.1.10’.

2 answers

0 vote
Christoph Thomas Community Champion Jul 28, 2017

Can you explain a bit more in detail and provide some screenshots please? 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Hi Christopher Thomas,

I am trying to use the Dynamic Form functionality , this functionality associate any field with a perticular option available in a dropdown. It makes associated field appear on form only when we select the that perticular option in the Service Desk form.

So the problem I am facing here is that I am not seeing the option to add the "Attachments" fields (System Field) in the Dynamic form settings page. I need to display the attachements fields in the service desk form only when the user selects specific answer choice for the particular question in the form.

Hope this is clear.

Cheers!

Christoph Thomas Community Champion Jul 28, 2017

Hi and thanks for the clarification - from the addon documentation I would say this is because only custom fields are supported: https://intenso.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SPFJSD/pages/524311/Dynamic+Forms

Can you please raise a ticket to ask the addon vendor? 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Thanks Chris but this is a dead link. 

I am disappointed that this is not native functionality in ServiceDesk yet.
When it came out this seemed like a logical function that would come in due time but it does not appear Atlassian cares enough and is going to wait for someone to develop it for them at extra cost to us.

Case in point this add-on that appears to address this costs $1500+ Dynamic Forms for Jira

Here's the new documentation for the Dynamic Forms feature in Extension for JSD: https://intenso.support/addon/server/extension/latest/dynamic-forms/

If you don't find an answer there, drop a line at contact@intenso.support, and we'll try to help you ASAP :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,316 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot