Duplicate users generate by importing project

spearmint_man March 29, 2021

I imported users into crowd - but there appears to have been errors in the username quality.

I imported a project from another server. For those users who had different usernames e.g. dave.smith and david.smith. Internal jira users have been created.

Id hoped to have deleted the internal and updated crowd with older username. however I cant delete internal jira users as tasks/issues etc are associated to it. I want to keep the referential links obviously - how should i fix this issue?

My nuclear option is to delete crowd users and kill imported project and start again. But it would be nice if there is an easier option.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

@spearmint_man 

The only other option I can think of is to bulk update the users and reporters from the accounts you will not use to the ones you will use and then disable to other accounts.  This will leave a little old information (Comments, History, Etc.) but the accounts will no longer work and you will not be able to assign issues or change the reporter to those disabled accounts.  That might take the same amount of time for you to delete the projects, update your import and import again.  Just another option.

spearmint_man April 1, 2021

Yeah that was the conclusion I came up with too. In the ended i chose to go for the nuclear option and kill project migration and crowd import and redo it entirely. Having prepped all the objects missing via the import checks, the effort was ultimately waiting for status bars to hit 100% - perfect time to get a coffee.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events