Duplicate issues created when emailing to service desk

Dave Isherwood January 4, 2018

This began on 12/21/17 and has continued intermittently.  The users receive only 1 notification of a ticket being created but 3 issues are sometimes being created.

No one is accessing the gmail account created for the tickets.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Westgate March 10, 2020

This caused me a number of issues, but it came down to a to 2 issues.

1, I have a mail handler set up and didn't need this at all.

2. I used the Jira documentation to resolve the 2nd issue in the customer permissions. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/replies-to-jira-service-desk-tickets-result-in-duplicate-tickets-964967584.html

And now all seems to be working well. I wish you luck!

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

Hi Dave,

What does your email audit log say? Who is the creator of these issues as per issue history? Are there any automation rules or scripts in place that could cause this behaviour? Also check the timing on these issues, are they created at the same time?

Dave Isherwood January 4, 2018

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your reply.  Whether in the new interface or the old, I can't find the email audit log (see below).  And there is no tab on the issue page named emails.

As for timing, they are created at the exact same time as far as I can tell from the history tab.  Checking the users sent folder in gmail shows that only one email was sent.

Thanks again.

Dave

2018-01-04 14_36_16-Outgoing Mail Servers - JIRA.png

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

To check JSD mail log go to Administration -> Applications -> Email Requests

Also, can you check the inbox of the email assosiated with your project's email channel? Does it happen to contain three copies of your customer's emal?

Dave Isherwood January 5, 2018

Ok, I realized I was mis-stating the issue.   Sorry about that.

We do not have Service Desk enabled, but we do email to a databug@ email address that is imported into Jira from gmail.

Checking the gmail mailbox, there is only 1 email submitted but 2 replies showing the duplicate tickets.

Dave Isherwood January 8, 2018

Now I have a ticket that created 9 tickets from 1 email.  

Noni Khutane October 31, 2018

Hi Dave 

Were you able to resolve your issue?How did you do it?

Regards

Jan Quijano November 20, 2019

What is the solution?

Rohit Suryawanshi December 11, 2019

Please let us know solution for this as I am also facing same issue.

Suggest an answer